Once a foreign firm has decided to enter into the Kenyan business space, it has to make a choice regarding the
appropriate mode for organizing its business activities in Kenya. There are a number of entry strategies available which include
- Foreign Direct Investment (FDI
- Joint Ventures
- Mineral dealers and Export Permits
Kazi Legal offers you in-depth, experienced and time tested market entry consultation service in Kenya. Our consultation service involves working with our lawyers and experts who have deep knowledge of the Kenyan market and business environment. We embody the following pointers.
- We assist investors to understand the local market, identify potential opportunities and risks, and develop strategies to enter and succeed in the Kenyan market.
- We assist businesses to understand the regulatory regime in Kenya. The Kenya has various regulations that businesses must comply with in order operate. Some of there regulations include,
- Business permits
- labour laws and regulations.
- Kazi legal assists investor to identify, vet, carry on due diligence on potential partners and distributors in Kenya.
- We also assist investors to identify potential competitors and their market share in Kenya. Kenya has a very competitive business environment, with both local and international players competing for the market share. By Understanding the competition, businesses can develop strategies to differentiate themselves and gain a competitive advantage.
Kazi Legal - Kenya Market Entry experts.
Market entry consultation is a crucial step for any business or organization planning on entering the Kenyan market. It provides businesses with valuable insights into the market, competition, local culture, and regulatory requirements. By seeking market entry consultation, investors can make informed decisions, minimize on risks and maximize opportunities in the Kenyan market.
Common Market entry strategies in Kenya.
Licensing StrategyLicensing is generally granting of permission by the licenser to the licensee to use intellectual property rights, such as trademarks, patents, brand names, or technology, under defined conditions.
In franchising, semi-independent business owners (franchisees) pay fees and royalties to a parent company (franchiser) in return for the right to become identified with its trademark, to sell its products or service.
Foreign direct Investment
Foreign direct investment refers to an investment in or the acquisition of foreign assets with the intent to control and manage them. Companies can make an FDI in several ways, including purchasing the assets of a foreign company; investing in the company or in new property, plants, or equipment; or participating in a joint venture with a foreign company
Joint Venture Strategy
A joint venture is a contractual, strategic partnership between two or more separate business entities to pursue a business opportunity together. The partners in an equity joint venture each contribute capital and resources in exchange for an equity stake and share in any resulting profits.
Exporting is the sale of products and services in foreign countries that are sourced or made in the home country. Exporting is an effective entry strategy for companies that are just beginning to enter a new foreign market. It’s a low-cost, low-risk option compared to the other strategies.
Management Contracting Strategy
Management contracting is another entry strategy where companies set up their own business in the Kenya so as to have full control business. Management contracting entry strategy is beneficial in the expansion of organization in situations where the obligatory management and the technical skills are hard to attain locally.
Mergers & Acquisitions
where two firms merge with only one surviving and the other going out of being as it is merged in the other company. one company (acquire) gets control over the other company (acquired) .
Market Entry Research Kenya.
Research design is the conceptual structure within which research is concluded. It constitutes the blueprint for the collection, measurement and analysis of data
Primary data is obtained by use of research guide comprised of questions intended for tracking down data on market entry.
The technique used to analyze the data and test the variables. The systematic in depth qualitative explanation of the objective for the study. It also comprised of detailed description and observation of data, objects or items which are involved in the research.